I’ve already done a tutorial about how to paint furniture any color under the sun, but I wanted to do a tutorial about how to paint furniture with just spray paint. I’ve been wanting to restore this coffee table that I inherited from my grandmother a couple of years ago, the finish was far from perfect.
The project itself is fairly simple, it just requires some waiting/watching episodes of Modern Family between coats. Materials and instructions after the jump…
So for this project, you’ll need:
- Sand paper
- Paper Towels
- Wood Filler
- Putty Knife or plastic Knife
- Spray primer
- Spray paint in the color of your choice
- High gloss clear enamel
1. Lightly sand the entire piece, wipe down the dust thoroughly with a damp paper towel.
2. Fill in any knicks or gashes with wood filler and a putty knife. Let dry according to the instructions on the tube, at least 20 mintes. Sand down any excess filler after its dry.
3. Spray two coats of spray primer. Let primer dry 15 minutes and sand lightly between coats.
4. Spray three coats of spray paint in the color of your choice, letting dry 20 minutes and sanding lightly between coats.
5. Spray at least four coats of clear gloss enamel, waiting 15 minutes between coats.
6. Let dry overnight. Then you’re done : )